With over 80 years of experience helping our members meet their financial needs and more than 180,000 members strong, Georgia’s Own Credit Union is ready to help you Own your future!
Becoming a member is easy. There are 5 ways you can qualify for membership:
- EMPLOYEE / RETIREE: Be an employee or retiree of one of our Member Companies / SEGs (Select Employee Groups). For a list of all of our Member Companies, click here.
- COUNTY RESIDENT: Be a resident of one of the following counties:
Barrow, Chatham, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Columbia, Dekalb, Douglas, Effingham, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Newton, Paulding, Richmond, Rockdale, or Walton
- FAMILY MEMBER: Be a family member of a current Georgia’s Own Credit Union member. Anyone related by blood, adoption or marriage is eligible.
- GETTING AHEAD ASSOCIATION: If you are a member of the Getting Ahead Association (GAA), you are also eligible for membership in Georgia’s Own Credit Union. GAA is designed to help you gain access to the information that you need to improve your quality of life and reduce the cost of living. Membership is eligible to any individual who is committed to improving their financial well-being. If you are not a member of GAA, a Georgia’s Own Credit Union Representative can help you get started.
- GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIP: Be a current student, faculty or staff employee, retiree or alumni of Georgia State University.
To get started, simply complete our easy online application process. Once approved, a minimum deposit of $5 is required to establish your membership. This $5 refundable deposit represents your “share” in Georgia’s Own and is held on deposit as long as you are a member. Click the button below to get started.
Begin your relationship with Georgia's OwnApply Now
Member Company/Become a Member Company(SEG):
- EXISTING COMPANY: If you are an existing Member Company(SEG) and need supplies or want to schedule an Open Enrollment or Free Seminar click here.
- BECOME A MEMBER COMPANY(SEG): If your employer is not presently a Member Company or if you would like to know more about offering this great benefit to your employees, click here for more information.