A Powerful Union
Made in Georgia
On July 1, 2023, Health Center Credit Union became part of Georgia’s Own Credit Union!
September 25th – October 1st
Bill Pay will be unavailable, view FAQs
HCCU Visa® credit cards are disabled.
Georgia’s Own Visa® credit cards are turned on for use.
September 29th – October 1st
Online banking access is unavailable, view FAQs
Account access is restored, view FAQs
View all conversion details here
Cash Back Rewards
Details for former Kasasa checking members
• Please verify your email, phone and mailing address to be sure we have the most up to date contact information on file. This will ensure your receipt of important and exciting announcements in the weeks ahead. Contact information can be updated via Online Banking, or by contacting us at 706.434.1600.
• The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) operates the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) to protect accounts at federally insured credit unions up to $250,000. The $250,000 in coverage applies to each share owner, per insured credit union, for each account ownership category.
• For now, your online banking and Bill Pay will remain the same. During the last weekend in September, we will convert your Health Center online banking to Georgia’s Own. You will be getting more detailed information regarding your online banking account and Bill Pay prior to September 30th.
• Any active debit cards you have will continue to work as they do today. Your new Georgia’s Own Visa debit card will be mailed to your address on file in mid-January 2024, giving you access to more than 110,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. Please continue using your HCCU debit card until your new Georgia’s Own card arrives in January. Card activation instructions and other important details will come with your new card.
• Active and open HCCU Visa® credit cards you have will continue to work as they do today until September 29, 2023. Prior to conversion, you will have the option to open a new Visa Classic or Classic Secured credit card with Georgia’s Own and transfer the existing balance from your HCCU card. For additional Georgia’s Own Visa product offerings, you can initiate an application. If you choose not to open a new credit card with Georgia’s Own, existing balances will be converted to a fixed-rate Signature loan with the same interest rate and payment terms as your current HCCU Visa. Detailed information was sent to all credit card holders during the month of August.
• Beginning in October, you will have access to the 34 additional Georgia’s Own locations throughout Southwest Georgia, Southeast Georgia, and metro Atlanta, and over 110,000 surcharge-free ATMs. You’ll also be able to take advantage of the additional products and services that Georgia’s Own offers.
Safety and Soundness
The safety and soundness of our members’ money has been Georgia’s Own Credit Union’s number one priority since our inception in 1934, and remains unwavering today. The credit union business model is designed to return earnings to members (rather than stockholders), which inherently creates a safer, more conservative financial portfolio for these financial institutions—and Georgia’s Own is no exception. In addition, each of our individual depositors is insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA).
About Georgia's Own
Georgia’s Own shares our values and demonstrates our same level of commitment to members, employees, and the community. Celebrating 89 years of service to their members, Georgia’s Own has been the financial institution of choice for consumers across the state looking to make the most of their hard-earned money. Their mission of Banking On Purpose is a promise they put at the front and center of each business decision, empowering others through financial literacy, trusted advice, value-based solutions and returning earnings to their members and the communities they represent.
We know that members have many questions, and our goal is to provide you with all of the answers you need to make the transition to Georgia’s Own as seamless as possible. We will post all important information regarding the merger here. Please check back often!