A Powerful Union
Made in Georgia
On November 1, 2022, Vinings Bank became part of Georgia’s Own Credit Union!
What you need to know
On November 1, 2022, Vinings Bank became Georgia’s Own Credit Union. On May 5, 2023, we began our planned system conversion. Your Vinings Bank accounts were automatically transferred to the Georgia’s Own Credit Union system during that time; you are now able to take advantage of the full suite of products and services that Georgia’s Own offers. Additionally, you have access to the 34 Georgia’s Own locations throughout metro-Atlanta, Southwest Georgia, Southeast Georgia, Augusta, and Savannah, and over 110,000 surcharge-free ATMs.
• Our planned system conversion was successfully completed May 5th through May 7th. On May 8th, full access to Online Banking was restored and you now have the opportunity to login to your online banking for a new user experience. In most cases, your Vinings Bank login credentials will not change. A new password will be required upon initial login beginning May 8th. If necessary, any required username changes was communicated prior to May 8th.
• Please note, you will no longer have access to your transaction history. Please download a copy of all historical statements, your Quickbooks history, and past check images prior to May 5th.
• The Payment and Transfers service (Bill Pay) will be unavailable from May 1st through May 7th. Visit the FAQ page for further details.
• Your debit card and credit card will not be impacted by system conversion and will continue to work after conversion. A new Georgia’s Own Visa debit card was mailed to you on May 12th. Once you receive the new card, please destroy your old card and update any recurring bill payments with merchants, such as gym memberships, streaming services, etc. If you do not receive your new debit card by May 29th, please contact us at 800.533.2062, option 3. Please note, your current Vinings Bank debit card will be closed on June 15th.
• The Vinings Bank branch located at 5960 North Point Parkway will be for commercial services only. This branch will also be cashless.
Safety and Soundness
The safety and soundness of our members’ money has been Georgia’s Own Credit Union’s number one priority since our inception in 1934, and remains unwavering today. The credit union business model is designed to return earnings to members (rather than stockholders), which inherently creates a safer, more conservative financial portfolio for these financial institutions—and Georgia’s Own is no exception. In addition, each of our individual depositors is insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA).
About Georgia's Own
Georgia’s Own shares our values and demonstrates our same level of commitment to members, employees, and the community. Celebrating 88 years of service to their members, Georgia’s Own has been the financial institution of choice for consumers across the state looking to make the most of their hard-earned money. Their mission of Banking On Purpose is a promise they put at the front and center of each business decision, empowering others through financial literacy, trusted advice, value-based solutions and returning earnings to their members and the communities they represent.
We know that customers have many questions, and our goal is to provide you with all of the answers you need to make the transition to Georgia’s Own as seamless as possible. We will post all important information regarding the acquisition here. Please check back often!