Private Student Loans
College is an exciting time, but for most people, it also takes an enormous investment of time and resources. Don’t let gaps in federal funding keep you from getting your education. Our Georgia’s Own private lending program provides the additional funds you need and features you want, including:
For more information on student loans, planning for college or paying your loans, visit georgiasown.studentchoice.org.
Student Loan Refinance1
Take control of your student loans with a Student Choice Refinance Loan from your credit union! You’ll be able to refinance and consolidate your private and federal student loans into one manageable loan.
What You Need to Know Before You Borrow
- Refinance your private or federal student loans, including PLUS loans, up to $100,000
- Receive a 0.25% rate discount for automatic electronic payment1
Get Started – Apply Now
See disclosures for more details.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: By refinancing federal student loans, you may lose certain borrower benefits from your original loans. These may include interest rate discounts, principal rebates, or some cancellation benefits that can significantly reduce the cost of repaying your loans.
College graduates who are:
• U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have graduated from an approved public or private not-for-profit school2
• In repayment or grace on one or more outstanding private or federal student loans
• Able to pass a credit check (A cosigner may be necessary in order for you to meet credit criteria, and may also help you qualify for a lower rate)
• Eligible for credit union membership (you may apply without being a member of the credit union, but you will need to become a member in order for the loan to be funded)
1 Subject to qualification and annual credit review. Maximum loan amount may vary by credit union. Loans subject to approval. Rates, terms and conditions subject to change without notice. Must meet school’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements.
2 Approved schools subject to change.