Secure Online Banking Login
Ensuring the security of your online personal information is a top priority at Georgia’s Own Credit Union. When you sign in, your ID and password are secure.
When you click Sign In, a secure session is established between your browser and our systems before a username and password are transmitted through the internet. Your information is then encrypted using a 128-bit encryption algorithm (the strongest encryption method commercially available) and sent to our systems for authentication into the online banking system. Please note that www.georgiasown.org never transmits your personal information without it being encrypted first.
Secure Password Best Practices
- Don't use personal information such as:
- User name
- Pet's name
- Child's name
- Don't use full words
- Don't use the same password for online banking that you use for social networking, email, etc.
- Don't allow browsers to "store" your login information
- Don't give your password to someone over the phone
- Don't share your password with anyone - even friends and family
- Try to use special characters such as !, @, # or $
- Try to create passwords as long as the system allows
- Try to change your most critical passwords on a regular basis