rates | Money Market Accounts
Are you looking for a safe, secure place to put your money? One that offers more competitive rates than a traditional savings account while providing easy access to your funds? Then Georgia's Own Money Market Account may be the answer for you.
|Balance||Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage Yield|
|$2,500 - $9,999.99||0.20%||0.20%|
|$10,000 - $24,999.99||0.20%||0.20%|
|$25,000 - $49,999.99||0.23%||0.23%|
|$50,000 - $99,999.99||0.25%||0.25%|
|$100,000 - $249,999.99||0.27%||0.27%|
|$250,000 - $499,999.99||0.30%||0.30%|
|$500,000 - $999,999.99||0.33%||0.33%|
|$1,000,000 - and over||0.33%||0.33%|
|Minimum Balance Requirements:||$2,500 to earn dividends|
Fees: $10/month when balance falls
$10 excess withdrawal fee per transaction if transactions exceed 6 per month or if checks written exceed 3 per month.
Georgia's Own Money Market Advantages
- Offers 8 balance levels with 8 interest rate* levels - the more you save, the more you earn.
- Earn dividends by maintaining an average daily balance of $2,500 - dividends are compounded monthly.
- Withdraw from this account up to 6 times in a month; 3 of these withdraws can be made by using your money market checks.
- Withdrawals can be made using money market checks, through Online Banking, by phone or in person at any Georgia's Own Branch.
- No minimum deposit to open a money market account, however there is a monthly service fee of $10 if your average daily balance falls below $2,500.
Is my money safe?
Just like other funds on deposit with Georgia's Own, your savings are insured to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government. IRAs are insured separately to $250,000 by NCUA.
* Rates are variable and are subject to change without notice. Fees may reduce earnings on this account. Rates are current as of May 01, 2015.